We want to clarify a few things with you regarding the workflow and plans.
We would like to recognize, that even with many tries to deal with the pending tasks, we have seen ourselves overwhelmed with the workload and by the weight of everything that had to be done. Because of this we have mostly focused on the same: High End game and stability. We believe we failed with managing some PvP related aspects, as well as communication. Other areas of the game have been delayed or postponed with the hope of finding a good moment where we could have more time to focus on their management.
So it is our intention with this announcement, to inform the community that we are already taking the relevant measures in order to correct all this now, with the majority of the high end raids being stable and in really good shape.
We would love to give you more feedback with changelogs and suitable reports about what is going on, bringing the community together and improving the other areas of the game that have been stagnant, as well as increasing the support with trusted people in our ranks.
We have been always a small team, we had some setbacks since the beginning and we keep the thought that even if the workload is unbearable, it will have better results with fewer of us but with total confidence between the team. For this reason there were just a few recruits for the Game Master positions, with strict organization and no new additions unless they have the total trust from me and Malkavia. This is why I was the only developer for most of the time, and when others joined they had no way to push the fixes to the live realm. The internal organization was not the correct one and it has proved itself multiple times that it needed to be changed – it was drastically delaying the workflow.
Now, what are our plans to solve these issues?
– Since important fixes were delayed in order to push the current raid tier content and avoid conflicts, now is the time to start pushing them to the live realm. For example: Long awaited class fixes.
– Fixes have been deployed bit by bit in many areas, with no changelog or notification. But we are already working on the changelogs with incoming fixes to be deployed. The general fix deployment rate will be increased.
– There will be regular changelogs from now on (not with every maintenance, but when there are enough corrections to write one) – players must be aware of which hotfixes are being applied.
– Two Game Masters: Tyr and Teri, have joined our ranks after a long wait – more incorporations will follow. The ingame assistance should have a noticeable improvement in speed and quality.
– Actively punishing all the win-traders and exploiters that are investigated after reports, and confirmed as such.
– New internal project structure, so everything is much more agile and easily deployed.
– Design a notification schedule about everything that is happening (events, fixes, important changes, PvE Tournaments, Ruby Sanctum’s beta/release…etc).
Dalaran-WoW was born from the passion that we have for this game, we have been adapting ourselves to every setback along this journey and we absolutely learn from our mistakes. We love this project and we are devoted to it, we want to give our players the best and we will not stop until that is achieved.
Thank you for the constructive criticisms and the love and loyalty that you have shown us, you deserve our best, and we intend to give you that.