We want to continue to improve our level of communication and assistance to you, the community. This new post is to detail what we are working on currently, and what we have in mind right now.
– As you may have noticed the number of weekly fixes has been improved with nearly daily deployments. We are constantly clearing the bug-tracker and we want every single detail to be corrected. Once the majority of important fixes are solved we will make a huge revamp of all the Classic and TBC Dungeons/Raids, but we need to focus first on the issues already reported.
– Alongside those fixes, we have been working to improve many systems in order to have a smoother gameplay, such as the Dungeon Finder system, pathfinding, maps, view distance, combat bug and many Wintergrasp important changes (preparations for the incoming internal balance/struggle system). More information about them shall be published in our next Changelog.
– Encouraging the players to make reports of every issue they find in our bug-tracker, it is the key to improve Dalaran’s quality for everyone, and we shall all cooperate on it. If it is not reported there we will not be aware of it, therefore it can’t be fixed. Please, report everything to our bug tracker: https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues
– Increase and improve our communication with you, including our communication on our Social Media, it is a nice and really forward way to stay tuned about every change or important notification. Our Social Media always has relevant information, although we need to improve our feedback response, you can follow us in order to keep track on our important information or latest posts (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Blog and Youtube).
– Increase our tester team, since there are many changes to be tested each week before deploying them to the live realm. As our latest incorporations (Teri and A.Tock) are quite settled, we believe is a great moment to increase the ranks. We will make an announcement about it.
– We want also to increase the Game Master team once again since there are many returning players and many new players each day, we need a higher number of Game Masters to cover all the time frames. It will be a slow process but we are confident we will get a perfect match. Another announcement shall be done about this.
– Keep punishing Win-traders and Exploiters, every report is taken into consideration, remember that you can always report an abusive tactic, someone you have seen doing something fishy, etc… by the in-game ticket system, including screenshots or videos if possible. We will investigate and deal with all of them; we have zero tolerance for cheaters.
– Keep the community ideas and suggestions alive. We want to make you participants in the present and future of Dalaran WoW, and we are thinking on the best way you could collaborate, suggest or even criticize us. We will develop more what we have in mind about this in future news posts.
Lok’Tar Ogar! / For the Alliance!
PS: A new changelog will be published with the latest changes applied this month as soon as possible. Stay tuned!
We want to clarify a few things with you regarding the workflow and plans.
We would like to recognize, that even with many tries to deal with the pending tasks, we have seen ourselves overwhelmed with the workload and by the weight of everything that had to be done. Because of this we have mostly focused on the same: High End game and stability. We believe we failed with managing some PvP related aspects, as well as communication. Other areas of the game have been delayed or postponed with the hope of finding a good moment where we could have more time to focus on their management.
So it is our intention with this announcement, to inform the community that we are already taking the relevant measures in order to correct all this now, with the majority of the high end raids being stable and in really good shape.
We would love to give you more feedback with changelogs and suitable reports about what is going on, bringing the community together and improving the other areas of the game that have been stagnant, as well as increasing the support with trusted people in our ranks.
We have been always a small team, we had some setbacks since the beginning and we keep the thought that even if the workload is unbearable, it will have better results with fewer of us but with total confidence between the team. For this reason there were just a few recruits for the Game Master positions, with strict organization and no new additions unless they have the total trust from me and Malkavia. This is why I was the only developer for most of the time, and when others joined they had no way to push the fixes to the live realm. The internal organization was not the correct one and it has proved itself multiple times that it needed to be changed – it was drastically delaying the workflow.
Now, what are our plans to solve these issues?
– Since important fixes were delayed in order to push the current raid tier content and avoid conflicts, now is the time to start pushing them to the live realm. For example: Long awaited class fixes.
– Fixes have been deployed bit by bit in many areas, with no changelog or notification. But we are already working on the changelogs with incoming fixes to be deployed. The general fix deployment rate will be increased.
– There will be regular changelogs from now on (not with every maintenance, but when there are enough corrections to write one) – players must be aware of which hotfixes are being applied.
– Two Game Masters: Tyr and Teri, have joined our ranks after a long wait – more incorporations will follow. The ingame assistance should have a noticeable improvement in speed and quality.
– Actively punishing all the win-traders and exploiters that are investigated after reports, and confirmed as such.
– New internal project structure, so everything is much more agile and easily deployed.
– Design a notification schedule about everything that is happening (events, fixes, important changes, PvE Tournaments, Ruby Sanctum’s beta/release…etc).
Dalaran-WoW was born from the passion that we have for this game, we have been adapting ourselves to every setback along this journey and we absolutely learn from our mistakes. We love this project and we are devoted to it, we want to give our players the best and we will not stop until that is achieved.
Thank you for the constructive criticisms and the love and loyalty that you have shown us, you deserve our best, and we intend to give you that.
Hello Citizens of Dalaran,
We are glad to finally be able to provide the official release date of The Icecrown Citadel: Saturday, 27th May.
Because this patch’s content is quite extense and it involves many important matters, we have decided to progressively announce several informative posts before the release, so the community is properly informed and every possible question that may arise is answered. We will try to fully cover things such as:
-How everything will be released.
-What content will be included in this patch.
-Attunements and restrictions.
-General information, fixes and updates.
We would like to thank everyone who has collaborated on the Beta test sessions, we have received a massive participation. From individuals who have demonstrated a lot of effort and passion, through guilds from the same faction that have organized and synchronized between themselves to fully check every single detail of the raid while providing very professional reports, to those loyal groups and players who have participated on every of our Betas.
Special thanks to those critical and strict players who have helped us by pointing every little detail they found, because thanks to this, we believe we have achieved great and polished results.
It has been a long waiting but, we truly hope it was worth it because we are absolutely sure the community will enjoy this content on which we have worked so hard and tested so thoroughly.
Rise up, champions of the Light!
We have been thinking about how to improve the game experience and how to enable the community to show their wishes regarding the deployment of fixes. As we are below 700 issues known and reported thanks to the hard work from our developers Robinsch and Rushor, we have pushed a bit more effort polishing our content and solve all the issues that our players may encounter in-game. We are labeling them by priority but we would like if our citizens can participate in this process as well.
We would like that you, as our player and reporter of issues, take part in this process. This is why we would like our players to start using the ‘Thumbs up’ emote from our Bug Tracker as a vote so the issues can be sorted by relevance. This way, we can have a ranked list of your preferences to get things solved and therefore include them in the monthly work schedule. Of course, after dealing with critical and important issues.
How do you do this?
For starters, you will need an account on Github and head over to our bug-tracker, which you can find on the top-right of our forums. Then you can react to the issue you want to get bumped up the priority with a ‘Thumb-up’ emote.
If the users do it reasonably, it will generate a ranked list of issues to take care of. Once they are solved, you can once again emote other issues and this way update the ranked list.
You can tell your friends to do the same, the more votes an individual issue gets, the higher rank it will have, and the sooner it will be worked on. Also, you can ask the rest of our community to get active on the bug-tracker, explaining to them how to report issues and react with the emote. With an active community and reports, it will be easier for this initiative to have a positive outcome.
Now would be the perfect time to report issues that you are aware of, don’t forget to include as many details as you can or feedback on already opened reports. (Do not post messages like; bump report, useless information or “still bugged”, please.) Remember that if there is no report, we will not be aware of the problem. We need the community’s collaboration to improve.
To sum up, we are sure that the interaction with the players will have a great impact on the development process in both ways. For the developers, who will know what is most needed/desired, and to the players, because you will see the issues ranked and solved.
Let’s improve our home to achieve the best WotLK experience!
Thank you for your understanding and support.
P.S.: More important news regarding changelogs and the Icecrown Citadel patch Betas are going to be announced this week.