We want to continue to improve our level of communication and assistance to you, the community. This new post is to detail what we are working on currently, and what we have in mind right now.
– As you may have noticed the number of weekly fixes has been improved with nearly daily deployments. We are constantly clearing the bug-tracker and we want every single detail to be corrected. Once the majority of important fixes are solved we will make a huge revamp of all the Classic and TBC Dungeons/Raids, but we need to focus first on the issues already reported.
– Alongside those fixes, we have been working to improve many systems in order to have a smoother gameplay, such as the Dungeon Finder system, pathfinding, maps, view distance, combat bug and many Wintergrasp important changes (preparations for the incoming internal balance/struggle system). More information about them shall be published in our next Changelog.
– Encouraging the players to make reports of every issue they find in our bug-tracker, it is the key to improve Dalaran’s quality for everyone, and we shall all cooperate on it. If it is not reported there we will not be aware of it, therefore it can’t be fixed. Please, report everything to our bug tracker: https://github.com/dalaranwow/dalaran-wow/issues
– Increase and improve our communication with you, including our communication on our Social Media, it is a nice and really forward way to stay tuned about every change or important notification. Our Social Media always has relevant information, although we need to improve our feedback response, you can follow us in order to keep track on our important information or latest posts (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Blog and Youtube).
– Increase our tester team, since there are many changes to be tested each week before deploying them to the live realm. As our latest incorporations (Teri and A.Tock) are quite settled, we believe is a great moment to increase the ranks. We will make an announcement about it.
– We want also to increase the Game Master team once again since there are many returning players and many new players each day, we need a higher number of Game Masters to cover all the time frames. It will be a slow process but we are confident we will get a perfect match. Another announcement shall be done about this.
– Keep punishing Win-traders and Exploiters, every report is taken into consideration, remember that you can always report an abusive tactic, someone you have seen doing something fishy, etc… by the in-game ticket system, including screenshots or videos if possible. We will investigate and deal with all of them; we have zero tolerance for cheaters.
– Keep the community ideas and suggestions alive. We want to make you participants in the present and future of Dalaran WoW, and we are thinking on the best way you could collaborate, suggest or even criticize us. We will develop more what we have in mind about this in future news posts.
Lok’Tar Ogar! / For the Alliance!
PS: A new changelog will be published with the latest changes applied this month as soon as possible. Stay tuned!
We want to clarify a few things with you regarding the workflow and plans.
We would like to recognize, that even with many tries to deal with the pending tasks, we have seen ourselves overwhelmed with the workload and by the weight of everything that had to be done. Because of this we have mostly focused on the same: High End game and stability. We believe we failed with managing some PvP related aspects, as well as communication. Other areas of the game have been delayed or postponed with the hope of finding a good moment where we could have more time to focus on their management.
So it is our intention with this announcement, to inform the community that we are already taking the relevant measures in order to correct all this now, with the majority of the high end raids being stable and in really good shape.
We would love to give you more feedback with changelogs and suitable reports about what is going on, bringing the community together and improving the other areas of the game that have been stagnant, as well as increasing the support with trusted people in our ranks.
We have been always a small team, we had some setbacks since the beginning and we keep the thought that even if the workload is unbearable, it will have better results with fewer of us but with total confidence between the team. For this reason there were just a few recruits for the Game Master positions, with strict organization and no new additions unless they have the total trust from me and Malkavia. This is why I was the only developer for most of the time, and when others joined they had no way to push the fixes to the live realm. The internal organization was not the correct one and it has proved itself multiple times that it needed to be changed – it was drastically delaying the workflow.
Now, what are our plans to solve these issues?
– Since important fixes were delayed in order to push the current raid tier content and avoid conflicts, now is the time to start pushing them to the live realm. For example: Long awaited class fixes.
– Fixes have been deployed bit by bit in many areas, with no changelog or notification. But we are already working on the changelogs with incoming fixes to be deployed. The general fix deployment rate will be increased.
– There will be regular changelogs from now on (not with every maintenance, but when there are enough corrections to write one) – players must be aware of which hotfixes are being applied.
– Two Game Masters: Tyr and Teri, have joined our ranks after a long wait – more incorporations will follow. The ingame assistance should have a noticeable improvement in speed and quality.
– Actively punishing all the win-traders and exploiters that are investigated after reports, and confirmed as such.
– New internal project structure, so everything is much more agile and easily deployed.
– Design a notification schedule about everything that is happening (events, fixes, important changes, PvE Tournaments, Ruby Sanctum’s beta/release…etc).
Dalaran-WoW was born from the passion that we have for this game, we have been adapting ourselves to every setback along this journey and we absolutely learn from our mistakes. We love this project and we are devoted to it, we want to give our players the best and we will not stop until that is achieved.
Thank you for the constructive criticisms and the love and loyalty that you have shown us, you deserve our best, and we intend to give you that.
We would like you to inform you that we have already selected 5 developers from all the applicants. Two of them will be fully dedicated to the classes and spells. These two developers will also work in the PvP content and overall server optimization once the classes are vastly improved. We will also have a quest developer, as well as 2 more collaborators who will help us with dungeons and overall server polishing.
With the introduction of the new developers, we are going to open a new subforum dedicated to the changelog. There you will be able to see all the fixes and all the changes performed very easily, instead of having to go to the bug tracker and check the closed reports.
In a few days, we will be recruiting a few volunteer testers, whose task will be to verify the new fixes made by the development team, before implementing them into the live server. We will give more detailed information about this position when the time comes, as well as an announcement in the website, stay tuned.
We would also like to give a warm welcome and to congratulate our new 4 Game Masters. They started a few weeks ago and they seem to fit perfectly in our team. Their effort and dedication can be already noticed by the players and the in-game assistance has improved quite a bit. They are solving the most common and basic in-game issues.
Anyway, we will be rechecking all the Game Master applications we have received, since we would like to incorporate 2 more of them, in order to better cover the NA times. If none of the current applicants can fit the time schedules, we may be reopening the recruitment with that specific requirement.
Since the tasks are now better distributed between the staff members and the workflow will be less heavy for everyone, our communication with you, the community, will be more constant and effective.
We are really excited about this and we are looking forward to improve our content even more. We will continue giving our best and never stop until we achieve a perfect WoTLK home.
Thank you very much.