The Argent Tournament is an event located in the north-east corner of Icecrown, just north of Sindragosa’s Fall. It involves a number of quests, many of which focus on mounted combat – players riding vehicles and simulating jousting. The quest rewards are various Seals, which can be used to purchase weapons, tabards, non-combat pets, and even mounts. The Horde’s main assistants and guides in the Tournament are the Sunreavers, while the Alliance is being guided by the Silver Covenant. To prevent not-so-honorable combat from happening, players in the Argent Tournament Grounds are affected by Armisticewhich prevents them from fighting members of the opposite faction, unless during a mounted duel.
How do I fight in the Tournament?
Joining the ranks of the fighters in the Tournament is very easy. All one needs to do is go the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown, enter the Argent Tent, and talk to Justicar Mariel Trueheart. She will direct you to either The Sunreavers if you are member of the Horde, or The Silver Covenant if you belong to the Alliance. She will also send you to the Blasbolt brothers, who are two goblins responsible for the building of the Coliseum. From there on, your factions will direct you to the appropriate quests.
How Do I Joust?
Jousting is simple to start and hard to master. To begin you only need to pick a Lance from your faction’s tent (or automatically obtain one from any of the quests), and then mount on one of the stabled mounts outside. And you are all set! Just keep in mind that you can only ride mounts of the factions you have become Champion with, and your own home faction.
When you mount, you will notice a few spells you can use:
- Thrust : Melee, 3,250 damage. On its own cooldown.
- Shield- Breaker : 5-30 yards, 2,000 damage, removes 1 stack of Defend.
- Charge : 5-25 yards, 8,500 damage, removes 1 stack of Defend.
- Defend : 30% damage reduction, stacks up to 3 times.
- Refresh Mount : Heals your mount completely.
- Duel : Challenges another player to a duel.
When jousting, you will need a strategy of some sort in order to win. One of the more basic ones is stacking your Defend 3 times before the duel, then keeping your enemy at a distance, toss a Shield-Breaker whenever possible to reduce his or her Defend. Remember to keep yours up! When the enemy is vulnerable, Charge and Thrust them, and then re-establish the distance, using Shield-Breaker again.
The Argent Tournament quests and rewards work with an alternative currency -Seals. All players start as Aspirants with their race and have quests available with only them. Quests at this level award Aspirant seall. Total of 15 Aspirant’s Seals are required to advance to the next rank – Valiant. Quests now awardValiant’s seal l, and you need total of 25 of those to advance to the final rank in the Tournament – Champion. Daily quests at this level award Champion’s seal which are used to purchase rewards from one of the Quartermasters located in your faction’s Tent.
After becoming a Champion with your home faction, you can choose another faction to work with. Fortunately, when taking a second faction, you no longer need to go through the basic Aspirant training – you start as a Valiant.
- First step: Rankless
- Second step: Aspirant
1. Mastery of Melee , Mastery of the Shield-Breaker , Mastery of the Charge : The three quests are offered by NPCs of your race in your faction’s tent. You will need to practice Thrust on Melee Targets , Shield-Breaker on Ranged Targets , and Shield-Breaker + Charge on Charge Targets .
2. Learning the Reins : Practice your Thrust, Shield-Breaker and Charge abilities against the Target Dummies. Again!
3. Training in the Field : Slay (almost) any 8 Scourge units in Icecrown.
4 A Worthy Weapon : Collect 4x Winter Hyacint found around the dam between Icecrown and Crystalsong Forest. Offer the Hyacints to the Maiden of Drak’Mar in the North-Eastern corner of Dragonblight. | A Blade Fit For A Champion : Apply Warts-B-Gone Lip Balm before kissing an unknown number of Lake Frogs , hoping that one of them will turn out to be the Maiden of Ashwood Lake . Remember to apply the balm before each kiss, or you may and will get Warts !! | The Edge of Winter : Slay Lord Everblaze for hisEverburning Ember , before heading to the Maiden of Winter’s Breath Lake and freeing her from her icy prison.
Note: You can only get one of the “blade” quest each day: A Blade Fit For A Champion, A Worthy Weapon, or The Edge of Winter.
Daily Rewards: Completing all three daily quests awards 5x Aspirant’s Seal and 750 Reputation with The Silver Covenant/The Sunreavers.
5. Up To The Challenge : Collect 15x Aspirant’s Seal to be allowed to fight for the rank of Valiant.
7. A Valiant of… : Talk to your race’s representative in your faction’s tent to become a Valiant of your main city.
- Third Step: Valiant
Now the Valiant’s quests for your race will be unlocked.
1. The Valiant’s Charge :Present 25x Valiant’s Seal to your race’s representative in your faction’s tent to be be allowed to become Champion.
2. A Blade Fit For A Champion| A Worthy Weapon | The Edge of Winter. Note: You can only get one of the “blade” quest each day: A Blade Fit For A Champion, A Worthy Weapon, or The Edge of Winter.
5. The Grand Melee : Defeat 3 Valiants in either of the Valiant’s Rings in the Argent Tournament Grounds. Note that you will not be able to defeat the same race for 5 minutes. Each valiant count also as criteria for the achievement Lance a Lot .
Daily Rewards: Completing all four daily quests awards 5x Valiant’s Seal, 1,000 Reputation with your race and 1,000 Reputation withThe Silver Covenant/The Sunreavers
- Fourth step: Champion
Once you are a Champion with your city, you will have the opportunity to become a Champion for another one of your faction and also the daily champion’s quest will be unlocked in the Argent Pavilion.
2. Taking Battle To The Enemy : The final version of your Field Training. Slay 15 Scourge units in Icecrown and/or their agents.
Daily Rewards: Completing all 4 daily quests awards 5x Champion’s Seal, and up to 4 Champion’s Writs , which can be used to purchase Commendations worth 250 Reputation with any city you have become Champion with. Alternatively you can choose to receive a Champion’s Purse with 10g and a chance for a Champion’s Seal inside, instead of the Writ. You also get 250 Reputation with the Argent Crusade andThe Silver Covenant/The Sunreavers.
- Fifth step: Crusader
Incredible! You’ve managed to surpass all expectations and become a Champion for all the cities in your faction. As a “Crusader”, you have reached the highest rank here at the Argent Tournament. You will need the Exalted Champion of the Alliance /Horde and The Argent Crusade for it.
2. Crusader Silverdawn will offer you one daily quest: The Fate Of The Fallen or Get Kraken! (note: if you kill the kraken, you will obtain a Kraken Tooth and be able to turn in Identifying the Remains for extra money)
- Exalted with Sunreavers / Silver Covenant
Once you are exalted, their daily quests will be unlocked:
All of these reward 1 Champion’s Seal per quest, so 3 extra seals per day once you complete this achievement.
- The Black Knight
5. The Black Knight’s Orders : Use Enchanted Bridle to take control over the Black Knight’s Gryphon . Fly to whever it takes you and obtain Stolen Tournament Invitation and Black Knight’s Orders . Note: In order to proceed further ahead with the chain, you will need to complete A Champion Rises first.
7. The Black Knight’s Curse : Investigate the Black Knight’s Grave and kill the assasin.