With this announcement we want to clarify any possible doubts that may arise with the new ID sharing system that will be present for the Icecrown Citadel raid.
The IDs will be the same for 10 Normal and 10 Heroic modes, this will also happen for 25 Normal and 25 Heroic. So, for example, if you kill a boss in 10 Normal it will not be possible to kill that boss on its Heroic version the same week.
As you probably know, in order to access The Lich King encounter you will have to defeat 3 bosses first during the same lockout: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel and Sindragosa.
The weekly quests inside the raid will also be shared between 10 Normal and 10 Heroic, the same will happen for 25 Normal and 25 Heroic.
Remember that even if the raid is switched to Heroic mode by the leader, every player will still need to have the proper attunement in order to enter, as explained in our last new.
Some quick clarifications:
– Icecrown Citadel 10 Normal and Icecrown Citadel 10 Heroic will have the same ID. If you kill a boss in one mode it will not be possible to kill him in the other. The same will happen for 25 Normal and 25 Heroic.
– If you switch between Normal and Heroic difficulties, all the raid members will need the proper attunement in order to enter into the raid.
– In order to have the possibility to engage The Lich King Heroic: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel and Sindragosa have to be defeated also on their Heroic version.
– You will have 25 attempts each week to defeat all the ICC bosses in Heroic mode. Each wipe on Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel, Sindragosa and The Lich King shall remove one of the available attempts.
– If you reach 0 attempts in Heroic: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel, Sindragosa and The Lich King will stop being available this week in this difficulty.
– If you reach 0 attempts in Heroic and switch to Normal mode, you will still have the possibility to kill those bosses who were not killed already.
Some random situations, as examples:
A) Your raid kills Professor Putricide in Normal mode and the rest of the bosses in Heroic mode: The Lich King Heroic will not be possible to engage, you will have to fight him in Normal mode. It will be the same outcome if just one of the required bosses is killed in Normal.
B) Your raid kills all the bosses in Heroic mode, but reaches 0 attempts during the Lich King Heroic encounter: you will not be able to continue with The Lich King Heroic. However, you will still have the possibility to defeat him if you switch to Normal.
C) Your raid kills Professor Putricide in Normal, Blood-Queen Lana’thel in Heroic and reaches 0 attempts while fighting Sindragosa in Heroic. You can switch to Normal mode and defeat Sindragosa, and then continue with The Lich King. But, Professor Putricide and Blood-Queen Lana’thel will not be available since those bosses were already killed, not matter in which mode. This means: those bosses killed in Heroic mode will not be spawned in Normal mode, and vice-versa.
Thank you very much.