Hello everyone :
We have enabled the option Instant 70 level in our Realm Kirin Tor .We would like to mention why we have decided to temporarily enable the Instant 70, and explain to newcomers the origin of this decision.
As we have always said, we listen to our community, and although we as staff were very pleased with our initial population (remember our release date – July 20th ) players were somewhat concerned with the number of players online at the same time and they proposed several options to increase it, especially migrations or Instant 80 option.
To avoid an exodus and strengthen our community, we considered several options to attract more players. And above all, we considered all the proposals that you offered ( even though we were not entirely agree).
The first thing we wanted to implement was a solution as similar to Retail as possible. We adapted conceptually one of the current Blizzard features to our WOTLK world, we were thinking hard and trying to create a comfortable feature for the players.
We made a temporary solution to attract external players to Dalaran-WoW, ressurect internal players and benefit those who were with us from the begining, and then keep that feature permanently as blizzlike as possible.
Because it was a decision that greatly would affect the population, we decided to create a poll to see the players perspective. Most of them decided a much simpler option, as well as less blizzlike. So despite our Ideals, we agreed to make this option, just TEMPORARY.
So it is a decision that has been made because the population showed a very valid arguments which seconded this option. The idea comes from our community and with the poll we wanted to consider all the points of views. But despite it could bring more players, the idea did not please most of the Staff members, we believe in the idea that what can strengthen more our community is the Refer a Friend feature.
So let’s clarify a bit the chronological order of the steps , so everyone can see clearly the facts as they happened:
- We did not have the intention to create this feature ( and is therefore temporary). Our potential as a server comes with our job as Staff, our scripts quality (and their similitude with Retail) and our love and loyalty to the WotLK .
- The community started asking for this feature almost just after the release, claiming it as “extra way” to attract more people , it means something extra to get people and not an exclusive way to grow. Always in these comments and topics many players suggested to show our quality to make the server population to grow, and we must agree with them, this is actually, our best potential. Our Scripts are probably the best scripts on any Private Server.
- We enabled the Refer a Friend feature and added the Heirlooms( that grant experience) in the Vote shop, once every Realm First achievement level 80 were taken.
- We proposed to adapt to our WOTLK world a current Retail solution to repopulate Azeroth. We presented our ideas and our concept design based on this feature. Therefore we published a poll where the rest of the options (except instant 80 ) were exposed.
- The population chose Instant 70 (which surprised us).
- We opened a Temporary Instant 70 in exchange for two more Donation Points than the minimum donation, since this option also allows you to benefit from Refer a Friend (which is a x3 experience until level 60), we do not feel it fair to enjoy the same benefits with the same number of Donation Points because: 1st) We are not 100% agree with this feature, 2nd) It would not be fair to all those who already donated to use the Refer a Friend feature before, so if we would make it match with the points needed to obtain this “Instant 70” option, it would be inconsistent with our values. 3rd) Whoever benefit from Instant 70, can also benefit from the Refer a Friend.
So arguments like those which were stated in our forums, private messages or even global chats, are totally out of place. This option is yours, is an easier way to step into the game and this idea came from our players. It is not necessary to use this feature to join Dalaran-WoW.
Our way to fill the server is working hard and with dedication, offering the most similar experience to the original WoTLK. We have always said that with patience and discipline Dalaran-WoW will achieve to be the best private server based in this expansion which we all adore.
Our “boost” is the Refer a Friend feature (permanent), and just a side note, In Blizzard that feature expires at third month after start using it, but we didn’t apply that restriction.
We think after read this explanations all of you will understand why we made this option, and why we made it the way it is. As we always said and have shown to you, every time any player of our server asks or advises us anything using logical words and properly detailed arguments, we have considered it, and if it is a doable option and we are agree with it, we will give it a chance.