1) What is “Recruit a Friend” feature?
Recruit a Friend is a Blizzard feature to reward people who help the game to be spreaded around among those who are interested in playing it. This feature links two accounts with some benefits in the game that lasts only until level 60 (except the mount rewards).
2) Who can refer a friend?
EVERYONE, Premium users or Non-Premium users can always refer a friend. The only condition to use the feature “Refer a Friend” and benefit from ALL its features is that your friend doesn’t already have an account with the email that you are refering.
3) What advantages does have “Refer a Friend” feature?
“Refer a friend” will have the following advantages:
- You and the referred friend will have extra benefits on the experience obtained during the gameplay, so that means all your experience will be three times higher then it usually is, so that way you can level up faster. In order to take advantage from the x3 experience, you both must be in party, in the same level range and playing in the same area.
- When you use this system, you will get additional feature to summon each other with 1 hour of cooldown.
- Each time when your friend gains two levels, he can grant you with additional level, but of course there is a restricted range between that (for example one level 40 will not be able to grant a level to a level 1).
- If you refer to five friends and those friends make an account with you to play, you will get a “Swift Zevhra” as a reward, but the mount can only be used after level 40 or higher.
- If any of your referred friends becomes a premium user, you will get a rocket mount (X-53 Touring Rocket ), this mount is only usable after you reach level 60 or higher, and you can fly with your friend on it.
4) Who can benefit from those advantages?
Any kind of users from Dalaran-WoW can benefit from them.
5) Can anyone refer me if I have an account already?
No, there is no way you can get a referral for an existing account, even if you have no characters on it.
6) What can I do to get the rocket? How many rockets i can get?
The only way to get a rocket is when your referred friend donates for the server. Like in Blizzard, in the same moment your friend payed the first month subscription, the recruiter gets the mount. So if your friend becomes premium user you will get the mount and you can only get one rocket per character, so if you have 5 characters you can get 5 rockets always you achieve to refer 5 different friends who donate for us.
7) If I mistakenly sent the rocket to a character that already has it, what can I do to revert it?
There is nothing you or Dalaran-WoW staff can do. So please, be sure to which character you are going to send the mount to, and also remember you only can use it once you are level 60, so it can remain in your account without it being sent.
* Algalon’s characters: Meanwhile the website tool is not working for you, you can write a private message to Lothloryen in website and he will manage it.
8) Who will get the rocket in the linked accounts?
The person who will get the rocket in the linked accounts will be the recruiter one, not the recruited. If the recruited refers another player that become premium user too, that one will also get the mount.
9) How can I summon my friend?
First off, you will have to add your friend into your friends list, on the social tab in-game. Then one icon will appear near the name of your friend, and when it’s not on cooldown you can use it, also you have to always be in a party group and you have your friend selected on the party frame. You have to click it with the mouse on the icon, don’t move to not interrupt the cast, when the cast is finished, an option will appear on your friend’s screen to accept the summon or not.
10) If the Summon doesn’t work, what do I have to do?
The first option is to relog both accounts. Sometimes if there were some changes in the database from you or your friend, without logging out from the game, the features may not work properly, so after a log out and log in it should get fixed. If the problem persists, please contact a GM in-game or submit a premium ticket and will gladly help you.
11) How can I get extra levels from my friend?
First of all, your friend has to be the referred one, if that the case, you have to be in party and near each other. Then one option will appear on the menu of actions in your friend’s frame: Grant a level. Select it and a message will in your friend’s screen allowing the level to be granted or not.
12) How can I give extra levels to my friend?
You have to be the recruited one to grant levels to your friend and it works exactly as the previous questions answer. For every two you gain, you can grant one level back to the recruiter providing the character is on the same realm and faction and is of lower level than you.
** Explanation related to the experience taken from the Blizzard’s Forums:
Q. Ok, This is weird, I can summon my friend but the amount of experience we are getting does not seem right! It’s supposed to be triple exp!!
A. If you are able to Summon Friend, then you are linked so all is working as it should be. Players often forget that experience gain whilst in a party is always split between the players. In order to explain a little clearer, it is easiest by using an example :-
-You are not in a Party (Solo) and you kill a boar. The game awards you 100xp.
-You are in a standard party (without RAF) and you kill the same boar. The game awards 100xp which is split between both players, so that earns you 50xp each.
-You are in an RAF Party and kill the same boar. The game awards 300xp (100 x 3) which is split between both players, so that earns you 150xp each.
Stay tuned here: http://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/news-and-rules/rules-and-guidelines/topic/2565/how-to-use-the-recruit-a-friend