We would like to mention that we have many great news to announce. However, we are going to start first by talking about the Legendary PVE Tournament we have been preparing for some time.
As you probably know, we have been hosting the unprecedented Legends of Dalaran PvE tournament for some years, which consisted in several contests (speed run / special and unique achievement run – feats we propose, nothing custom) within the available Top Tier at that moment. This time, this remarkable PvE Tournament will be for everyone, it will include different and new contests/challenges for every single raid tier, from Naxxramas to Ruby Sanctum. Therefore, no matter if you just reached level 80 and started doing Naxxramas, if you are raiding the Heroic modes of the top raids or even if you are thinking to start anew the WoTLK progression, you may participate and earn some gratifying rewards, dashing through a challenging, progressive and pre-nerf content with this competition.
We are currently finishing its shape and form – everything will be explained through further news, such as how to participate, details, dates/schedule and rewards. We are looking forward to hosting this Legendary PvE Tournament and hope that every one of you enjoys it as much as we will.
“Do you hear the screams from the Scourge under the Ziggurat? Do you think yourself strong enough to not bow down before The God of Death? Will you rise among the Champions and make your faction proud? Are you feeling the shivers when you approach The Frozen Throne? Will you dare to enter into the realm of shadows and face the Twilight?
The cycle is constant. Altogether we are going to defeat every enemy once again, but this time under a new quest. We are looking for The Legends of Dalaran to outshine their foes. Are you one of them?”
With this announcement we want to clarify any possible doubts that may arise with the new ID sharing system that will be present for the Icecrown Citadel raid.
The IDs will be the same for 10 Normal and 10 Heroic modes, this will also happen for 25 Normal and 25 Heroic. So, for example, if you kill a boss in 10 Normal it will not be possible to kill that boss on its Heroic version the same week.
As you probably know, in order to access The Lich King encounter you will have to defeat 3 bosses first during the same lockout: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel and Sindragosa.
The weekly quests inside the raid will also be shared between 10 Normal and 10 Heroic, the same will happen for 25 Normal and 25 Heroic.
Remember that even if the raid is switched to Heroic mode by the leader, every player will still need to have the proper attunement in order to enter, as explained in our last new.
Some quick clarifications:
– Icecrown Citadel 10 Normal and Icecrown Citadel 10 Heroic will have the same ID. If you kill a boss in one mode it will not be possible to kill him in the other. The same will happen for 25 Normal and 25 Heroic.
– If you switch between Normal and Heroic difficulties, all the raid members will need the proper attunement in order to enter into the raid.
– In order to have the possibility to engage The Lich King Heroic: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel and Sindragosa have to be defeated also on their Heroic version.
– You will have 25 attempts each week to defeat all the ICC bosses in Heroic mode. Each wipe on Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel, Sindragosa and The Lich King shall remove one of the available attempts.
– If you reach 0 attempts in Heroic: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana’thel, Sindragosa and The Lich King will stop being available this week in this difficulty.
– If you reach 0 attempts in Heroic and switch to Normal mode, you will still have the possibility to kill those bosses who were not killed already.
Some random situations, as examples:
A) Your raid kills Professor Putricide in Normal mode and the rest of the bosses in Heroic mode: The Lich King Heroic will not be possible to engage, you will have to fight him in Normal mode. It will be the same outcome if just one of the required bosses is killed in Normal.
B) Your raid kills all the bosses in Heroic mode, but reaches 0 attempts during the Lich King Heroic encounter: you will not be able to continue with The Lich King Heroic. However, you will still have the possibility to defeat him if you switch to Normal.
C) Your raid kills Professor Putricide in Normal, Blood-Queen Lana’thel in Heroic and reaches 0 attempts while fighting Sindragosa in Heroic. You can switch to Normal mode and defeat Sindragosa, and then continue with The Lich King. But, Professor Putricide and Blood-Queen Lana’thel will not be available since those bosses were already killed, not matter in which mode. This means: those bosses killed in Heroic mode will not be spawned in Normal mode, and vice-versa.
Thank you very much.
Hello Citizens of Dalaran,
We would like to let the community know certain dates and details about how the next content is going to be released.
First of all, as you already are aware, the Trial of the Crusader raid (every difficulty on their pre-nerf status) is going to be opened this Saturday November 7th, this will happen at 20:00 Server Time. Each player will need to have completed Ulduar on normal mode in order to be qualified to enter ToC, which means you need to have achieved The Secret of Ulduar (10 players) if you want to enter into ToC/ToGC 10 man and The Secret of Ulduar (25 players) for ToC/ToGC 25 man.
We will not mention Onyxia’s Lair, as we have to perform a previous Beta Test before it is released, but you shall be updated regarding this matter once the realm first is achieved. However, as mentioned before, Onyxia’s Lair will be available around 2 months after ToC’s release.
Now, as we would like to make every release enjoyable without breaking the progression feeling, we are not going to open the Trial of the Champion dungeon this Saturday, but the November 20th. Koralon The Flame Watcher will be available with this update as well. Also because of this, the Northrend’s Heroic dungeon bosses will not drop any Emblem of Triumph yet, we will announce when they are going to after see how the guilds are progressing through the new content. Remember that in order to be entitled to loot these emblems the Keepers of Ulduar personal achievement will also be required. We shall explain everything before update Algalon with such feature. Of course, every Emblem of Triumph or item which is not supposed to be obtainable right now but it was due our mistake shall be wiped this Saturday.
The arena season ends this Saturday as well, we are going to announce the beginning of the next one and the rewards through another new. Before the next arena season starts, we are going to check every wintrading report in order to exclude them from the rewards and the season itself, so we can perform the proper punishment.
Thank you very much.
Due the massive amount of suggestions that we have received through tickets and e-mails about reconsidering the entrance requirement for ToC, we have decided to accept them. So, in order to access ToC/ToGC 10, each player shall need to have achieved The Secret of Ulduar (10 players) and The Secrets of Ulduar (25 players) for ToC/ToGC 25.
However, as we want to have a healthy and active patch, we will be open to suggestions during the next content’s progression. As always, we are really thankful to every player who respectfully presents his opinion thinking the best way to improve the server.
Thank you very much.
Hello Citizens of Dalaran,
This achievement challenge will last 2 IDs so you have a bit more time to complete as much achievements as you can (until the monday 18th). It has been a bit hard to decide which criterias should be appropiated overall, since it is very easy to make an encounter very hard (in most of the cases – undoables) so, we have seen ourselves in the need of modify it several times.
You can configure this stage and complete only those achievements your group preffer. Remember that the achievement will only count when all the criterias are accomplished and the boss dies right after. Also, in order to be considered participant, you must at least complete all the criterias from 4 of the following 13 achievements.
-10 points with 2 towers.
-20 points with 4 towers.
- It has to be just with 2 towers active, 1 of them must be Mimiron’s and the other one has to either Hodir’s or Thorim’s.
- Hard Mode shall be considered with all the towers active.
Ignis the Furnace Master
- An engaged Magma Rager NPC must be present during the whole fight, which must be tanked throught the line which connects the two water pools. The tank who is in charge of this add must be affected by the summoned tornado at least twice.
- At least one Iron Construct with Molten aura must be alive during the whole encounter. If the aura fades, it must be refreshed within the next 15 seconds.
- There are 3 different adds on this battle: Dark Rune Guardian, Dark Rune Sentinel and Dark Rune Watcher. Each kind of NPC must be tanked away from the others, making 3 different groups and none of them can die until all the spawned ones are perfectly grouped.
- All the harpoons must be triggered at the same time, so you will have to synchronize your players to do so.
- During the third phase, the tanks can not be switched until the current Razorscale’s victim has 3 stack of Fuse armor.
- For the whole duration of each Tympanic Tantrum all the players except the healers must spam /sit.
- Now, the way to manage the Gravity and Light bombs shall be the following: the first 2 Gravity bombs must be placed on the left side of the boss, and the first 2 light bombs at his right. However, after each 4 bombs (2 gravity and 2 light), the locations where the bombs must be placed need to be switched. So, after the first 4 ones, the side where to place the light ones shall be the left and the side where to place the gravity ones shall be the right. This pattern must be mantained until the boss dies.
- You have to kill a certain number of Scrapbots with the Boombots:
-Normal mode: 38 scrapbots
– Hard Mode: 14 scrapbots.
- XT-002 Deconstructor must be tanked exactly on the center of the room and can not be moved during the battle.
Asembly of Iron
-10 points on normal mode.
-15 points on Hard Mode
- At least one boss must always be positioned over the Rune of Power and no player besides the tank must be affected by it, if you decide to make it Hard Mode, Steelbreaker will be the last boss standing.
- The person targeted by the Focused Eye Beam must try to reach and catch their allies, and they have to avoid him as fast as they can.
- The first arm to die must be the Left arm.
- The group need to accomplish the criteria for the achievement: Rubble and roll.
-15 points if Nine lives achievement’s criteria completed.
- Each player has to summon for this battle a cat companion.
- None of cats (Sanctum Sentry, Swarming Guardians or Feral druids) can die until the First feral defender spawns.
- The Feral defender must die at least 5 times.
- You can only release one helper. Note that if you release the mage, he will help you by releasing another helper, therefore the criteria would not be considered achieved.
- You have to pay the tribute to Ice. Each Flash Freeze must freeze one player on 10 man version and 3 players on 25 man version. The frozen player must yell: “I am the tribute to Ice!” while he is being frozen.
-10 points on normal mode.
-20 points on Hard Mode.
-Bonus: 5 extra points if no player dies on the gauntlet and the last phase.
- Inside the gauntlet, the group must be walking backwards all the time.
- On the arena, the players must pay the tribute to Lightning. One (10 man version) or 3 (25 man version) players will be the magnet, which means that at least once per orb charged they shall force to be hit by the lightnings. The tribute players must yell: “I am the tribute to Lightning!” while performing this action.
*We need to see both sides of the raid.
-15 points with 1 elder alive.
-20 points with 2 or more elders alive.
- It has to be with at least 1 elder alive.
- During the first phase, the group has to allow 3 Eonar’s gift to totally grow and heal the enemies.
- In this battle you have to pay the tribute to Life. On 10 man mode each four nature bomb waves (each 2 waves on 25 man) a player must be near one bomb until it explodes, the players for each turn can be switched, of course. The tribute player must yell: I am the tribute to Life! while performing this action.
-15 points on normal mode.
-30 points on hard mode.
- In the first phase, all the ranged DPS and healers must be in groups of 2 players on 10 man or 4 in 25 man.
- On this battle you have to pay the tribute to Fire (during the VX-001 and the V-07-TR-0N phases). Each time a rocket strike is casted one player must place himself on the landing zone and receive the impact. The tribute players must yell: “I am the tribute to Fire!” while performing this action.
- During the last phase versus the V-07-TR-0N, the targeted person by the Aerial Command Unit shall always be running in circles around the boss in the same direction. Note that this must performed always that the head is targeting and casting the plasma ball to someone.
- All the mana based players, must start the battle with only their 75% mana.
- All the spawned saronite vapors during the encounter’s duration must be destroyed, but only can be destroyed one at time. This means, there can not coexist two green pools at the same time at any given point. When a vapor explodes and such pool appears one player must go over and get at least 5 stacks from it. This player is not allowed to repeat this action nor stay on a Shadow Crash pool to benefit from the buff for the rest of the encounter.
-15 points with 3 keepers helping.
-25 points with 1 keeper helping.
-35 points with 0 keepers helping.
- Freya’s help can not be requested by any means on this encounter
- All the Guardians of Yogg-Saron must be killed in groups of 2 with a maximum interval of 5 seconds between each other’s death.
- Players with brain link can’t enter the portals.
- The constrictor tentacle which squeezes a player must be the last tentacle to die from each spawned group.
- During the last phase, at least once one Immortal Guardian shall be affected by the Empowering shadows.
Note that there is no need to die on the tributes, the players can try to survive in those cases which are fatal, but death is always a good tribute.
Every video must clearly show all the aspects of the criterias performed.
Thank you very much and enjoy this challenge.
Hello future Legends of Dalaran,
Only for participate in the Tournament all the players will receive a Competitor’s tabard * + Loggerhead Snapjaw * and 30 Donation Points after the Tournament is over, when the rewards are delivered. In order to be considered participant and hence eligible for these rewards the group must take part in both Speed and Achievement challenges.
– These will be the rewards of the Speed challenge :
- 10 man: Competitors souvenirs *.
- 25 man: Gold medallion *.
– These will be the rewards of the Achievement challenge:
- 10 man: Warbot Ignition Key *.
Remember, the winners of the Legends of Dalaran: Ulduar PvE Tournament will be those
who adding their Speed and Achievement challenge’s points, obtain the maximum rating.
– The rewards for the winners:
- 10 man: 40 DP + Contest Winner’s Tabard *.
* Non obtainable in-game/shops. Due the uniqueness of those items and being this the only way to obtain them, if some of the winners from the past Tournament wins again, the player will be able to receive them on a different character from the same account.
You can registrate to the tournament here .