We would like to mention that we have many great news to announce. However, we are going to start first by talking about the Legendary PVE Tournament we have been preparing for some time.
As you probably know, we have been hosting the unprecedented Legends of Dalaran PvE tournament for some years, which consisted in several contests (speed run / special and unique achievement run – feats we propose, nothing custom) within the available Top Tier at that moment. This time, this remarkable PvE Tournament will be for everyone, it will include different and new contests/challenges for every single raid tier, from Naxxramas to Ruby Sanctum. Therefore, no matter if you just reached level 80 and started doing Naxxramas, if you are raiding the Heroic modes of the top raids or even if you are thinking to start anew the WoTLK progression, you may participate and earn some gratifying rewards, dashing through a challenging, progressive and pre-nerf content with this competition.
We are currently finishing its shape and form – everything will be explained through further news, such as how to participate, details, dates/schedule and rewards. We are looking forward to hosting this Legendary PvE Tournament and hope that every one of you enjoys it as much as we will.
“Do you hear the screams from the Scourge under the Ziggurat? Do you think yourself strong enough to not bow down before The God of Death? Will you rise among the Champions and make your faction proud? Are you feeling the shivers when you approach The Frozen Throne? Will you dare to enter into the realm of shadows and face the Twilight?
The cycle is constant. Altogether we are going to defeat every enemy once again, but this time under a new quest. We are looking for The Legends of Dalaran to outshine their foes. Are you one of them?”
We would like to explain few things regarding the new content release, this announcement will cover how things are going to be released and which attunements are needed.
First of all, since we are an eternal progressive server and we want to provide the opportunity to all the players to enjoy each tier no matter when they join, only those who have cleared the current top tier will be able to play the new content. We will cover the specific restrictions to unlock it with a simple scheme.
What will be released this Saturday 27th?
- Icecrown Citadel 10 and 25 modes with all bosses available on their pre-nerf status.
- Icecrown Citadel 10 heroic and 25 heroic modes with all bosses available on their pre-nerf status.
- None of the difficulties will have available the Strength of Wrynn / Hellscream’s Warsong buffs.
- Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection (Normal and Heroic), along with their respective quests.
- The new emblem system.
What content will be released later?
- Toravon the Ice Watcher, inside Vault of Archavon will be released a few weeks after.
- The new set of weekly quests in Dalaran “… Must Die!” will be available alongside with Toravon.
What are the required attunements?
- Icecrown Citadel 10 normal will require Trial of the Crusader 10.
- Icecrown Citadel 25 normal will require Trial of the Crusader 25.
- Icecrown Citadel 10 Heroic will require The Fall of the Lich King (10 player) achievement.
- Icecrown Citadel 25 Heroic will require The Fall of the Lich King (25 player) achievement.
- Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection will require Trial of the Crusader 10 or 25, as well as the Frozen Halls chain quest.
- Toravon the Ice Watcher 10 will require Trial of the Crusader 10.
- Toravon the Ice Watcher 25 will require Trial of the Crusader 25.
- The new set of weekly quests in Dalaran will require Trial of the Crusader 10 or 25.
Further posts about the ID sharing system between the Icecrown Citadel Normal and Heroic difficulties, the personalised emblem system based on each player’s individual progression, and information about general improvements will be announced during these next days.
Hello citizens of Dalaran,
We are glad to announce that the Beta sessions of the Icecrown Citadel patch are already structured and the first Beta will start on Friday 16th and will last until Monday 19th. This will be a meticulous process and we will ask a thorough collaboration from the group of testers.
The testers will receive a wide list of things to check out that will require a full raid or group environment. After each Beta session, the testers should make a compendium report with the results about each of the points. The testers can also check out other things that are not in the list and add it later as a result.
The first Beta session is scheduled to only test the different raid difficulties of Icecrown Citadel (10 and 25 Normal and Heroic). The testing requirements could be summarized into; Tactics with their abilities/spells, visual and cosmetic details and feedback regarding the lack of buffs.
We would prefer if players willing to participate in the Beta sessions are raid groups already attuned to enter Icecrown Citadel and geared enough to have a proper raid performance. There will be no attunement required to enter the raids on the PTR.
We have tried to polish the content as much as possible with a lot of effort, love and motivation and in fact we think that the results are great (from roleplays, visual effects, events to encounter mechanics). We do expect some issues to appear when it is tested on a real player based raid environment though, but nothing major that it can not be quickly fixed before the official release.
A representative from the guild groups that are willing to participate in the First Beta Sessions regarding Icecrown Citadel raid has to send the registration to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Name of your guild – Icecrown Citadel Beta.
The content of the email should be:
1) A list of the participants from your guild, keep in mind that the volume of players can be as long as you desire and you can divide them in the number of raid groups you consider best, you can bring alters to help with the testing purposes.
2) The raid modes you are going to test. Can be multiple options too.
More details and instructions will be sent through email to the representative of the guilds.
Once the Icecrown Citadel raid is fully tested, we will open a new Beta session to test out additional content that will also be released during this patch, that will include:
- The Forge of Souls, the Pit of Saron and the Halls of Reflection in normal and heroic modes, with their related quests.
- The Return of Quel’Delar and Shadowmourne quest chains.
- Toravon the Ice Watcher inside the Vault of Archavon.
We will announce if we will need another Beta session for this content after receiving the reports from the first one. If there is no need for another session, then we will announce the next Beta for the additional content and its process to participate in it, since we are aware many players are willing to participate on this Betas, but maybe they can’t provide a raiding environment, we will offer the second Beta to the rest of the players that are willing to participate with party groups to test the dungeons or exceptional individuals to test the Quest lines.
Thank you very much.
Hello Citizens of Dalaran.
We have just released Koralon the Flame Watcher inside the Vault of Archavon.
Only those who already have The Secrets of Ulduar will be able to encounter him, if there is any player in the raid group without this achievement, the boss will not be available.
Regarding the Trial of the Champion requirement, we have agreed to downgrade it to the Keepers of Ulduar (10 or 25), instead of the Secrets of Ulduar.
Thank you very much and enjoy it.
Hello Citizens of Dalaran,
The Arena Season 7 has already started, we hope everyone enjoys it. We are currently working on many class corrections in order to make the experience much better, we shall slowly deploy them to the Algalon realm.
Koralon the Flame Watcher was supposed to be released today, however we are going to postpone its release to the next Friday, due the recent amount of unexpected issues and world events/dungeon releases.
Thank you very much.